Everything You Need To Know About WordPress General SettingsPosted by TotalDC
Last time we covered the installation of WordPress, now let’s jump in and talk about WordPress General Settings. WordPress general setting is used to set the basic configuration settings for your site. In the setting administration screen, it is a default setting screen.
Here’s how you can access general settings:
Step 1 – Click on Settings – General option in WordPress:
Step 2 − The General Setting page is displayed as shown in the following snapshot:
Here’s what every field in the General settings window means:
- Site Title − Displays the name of the site in the template header.
- Tagline − Displays a short sentence about your site.
- WordPress Address (URL) − URL of the WordPress directory where your all core application files are present.
- Site Address(URL) − Enter the site URL that you want your site to display on the browser.
- E-mail Address − Enter your e-mail address which helps to recover your password or any update.
- Membership − Anyone can register an account on your site after you check this checkbox.
- New User Default Role − The default role is set for the newly registered user or members.
- Timezone − Sets the time zone based on the particular city.
- Date Format − Sets the date format as you need to display on the site.
- Time Format − Sets the time format as you need to display on the site.
- Week Starts On − Select the weekday which you prefer to start for the WordPress calendar. By default, it is set as Monday.
- Site Language − Sets the language for the WordPress dashboard.
After filling all the information about general settings, click on Save Changes button. It will save all your general settings information.