Introduction To PHP. Everything You Need To Know To StartPosted by TotalDC
Let’s start this series with an introduction to PHP. PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is server-side scripting language designed for web development specifically. You can embed PHP code in HTML files or vise versa HTML code can be written in a PHP file.
<?php print "Hello world!"; ?>
Why you should learn PHP?
So why you should learn PHP? Let’s look at few reasons:
- Free of Cost: Since PHP is open-source language, therefore developers are allowed to use its components and all methods for free.
- Flexible: Since PHP is a dynamically typed language, therefore there are no hard rules on how to build features using it.
- Supports nearly all databases : PHP supports all the widely used databases, including MySQL, ODBC, SQLite etc.
- Secured: PHP provides us a secure platform for developing websites as it has multiple security levels.
- Huge Community Support: PHP is loved and used by a huge number of developers who love to share their knowledge with other people of the community who want to know about PHP