WordPress Permalinks Settings. Learn Everything You Need To Know About WordPressPosted by TotalDC
In this chapter let’s talk about WordPress Permalinks settings in WordPress dashboard. Permalink is a link to a certain blog post or category. These settings are used to add permalinks to your posts in WordPress. Here’s how you can access Permalink settings:
Step 1 − Click on Settings – Permalinks option from the left navigation menu.
Step 2 − When you click on Permalinks, the following page appears on the screen.
Here’s what every setting means:
- Common settings −Check any of the radio buttons to choose your permalink structure for your blogs
- Default – Sets the default URL structure in WordPress.
- Day and name – Sets URL structure according to the date and name in your posts.
- Month and name – Sets the URL structure according to the month and name in your post.
- Numeric – Sets numbers in the URL structure in your post.
- Post name – Sets post name in the URL structure in your post.
- Custom Structure – Sets the URL structure of your choice by writing the desired name in the given text box.
- Optional – Add custom structure for main category or tag URL. If the text box is empty then default settings is used. Here you have two options.
- Category Base – Add custom prefix for your category URL.
- Tag Base – Add custom prefix to your Tags URL.
And when you are happy with your settings, press Save Changes to save the permalink settings.
Also you can check out last article about WordPress Media Settings.
Leave a Reply